Help with init command

Gilbert,

I’m trying to setup a multi storage backup to make some tests, and want to “point” one repository to two different local storages.

Basically I want to backup Evernote repository to a local storage witn 1M variable chunks and another local storage with 1M fixed chunks. So I thinked in doing an init to the first and an add to the second.

Following the instructions of your wiki post about the use of storage-name parameter with two accounts (similar to the case here), I’m trying:

duplicacy init -e -c 1M -pref-dir D:\preferences\"rep-id" -storage-name bkp_1M_VAR "rep_id" "storage_local_path_to_VAR_bkp"

But it is returning me:

Incorrect Usage

Where is my mistake?

And I intend to use

duplicacy add -e -c 1M -max 1M -min 1M -pref-dir D:\preferences\"rep-id" -storage-name bkp_1M_FIX "rep_id" "storage_local_path_to_FIX_bkp"

to the second storage, is that right?

-storage-name is a new option introduced after 2.0.10. You need to build the executable from the latest source.

You don’t actually need this option. You can also manually modify the preferences file to change the name field after the init command.

OK! I thought editing directly the preferences file would affect the keyring or something like that.

Thanks!

It might, but if Duplicacy can’t find the password in the keyring it will ask you for a new one and save the new one in the keyring.

Well, add didn’t work…

I ran:

duplicacy init^
 -e^
 -c 1M^
 -pref-dir D\preferences\NOTE7_Evernote_bkp_1M_var^
 NOTE7_Evernote_bkp_1M_var^
 D:\Backups\Duplicacy\NOTE7_Evernote_bkp_1M_var

Then i changed the “name” in preferences files, from default to:

"name": "local_evernote_1M_var",

I started the backup and it worked with no problems, so I interrupted it.

I then tried the add command:

duplicacy add^
 -e^
 -c 1M^
 -max 1M^
 -min 1M^
 -pref-dir D\preferences\NOTE7_Evernote_bkp_1M_fix^
 bkp_Evernote_1M_fix^
 NOTE7_Evernote_bkp_1M_fix^
 D:\Backups\Duplicacy\NOTE7_Evernote_bkp_1M_fix

That is, I just added <storage name> parameter: bkp_Evernote_1M_fix

And… Incorrect Usage.

The add command doesn’t take the -pref-dir option. The .duplicacy directory/file has already been created.

Sure! My mistake…

Both jobs are running smoothly now. I’ll open a topic in a few days with the results.

Thanks again!