Hitting Google Rate Limit

If I hit the Google rate limit during a backup, if I do a backup again tomorrow will it continue from where it left off? Thanks in advance!

Yes, it’s resumable.

You can create your own google project and issue credentials from there; it may help with api limits.

Ok great!

Are Google Projects available for Workspace users or only Google Cloud? I have Google Workspace Enterprise

I think I figured it out, I created a Google Drive API and issued credentials. What do i do with the client_id.json file?

I don’t think thats the right credentials. I’m not sure what to do

With google workspace you maybe better off using service account – to avoid OAUTH token renewals. I happen to do the same, and happen to have written tutorial about it: Duplicacy backup to Google Drive with Service Account | Trinkets, Odds, and Ends

Note, you can backup right into MyDrive or into hidden AppData folder, which I find preferable, as duplicacy data does not stick out as a sore thumb in My Drive.

However you would need to build duplicacy from sources until @gchen merges that PR

Otherwise the process to configure service account is the same.

3 Likes

Can the Web version be built from source?

You don’t need to build web version. Only the CLI engine.

So if I’m using docker with unraid running that duplicacy version, how should I go about this?

For unraid you need to build x86_64 Linux binary and replace the one in the config folder.