How to copy snapshots from one local storage to another using WebUI?

Hi - I am trying to upgrade my local storage device and so would like to move my snapshots in it to new hard drive.

Going through the documentation - it looks like what I need is “Copy” operation/command - but I don’t see that command on WebUI.

How to copy snapshots from one local storage to another using WebUI?

Locally attached hard drives, i.e. with the driver letter each?

Stop duplicacy, and just copy the whole duplicacy folder from the old hard drive to the new one, and then rename the hard drive letter, you don’t even need to touch web UI.

If you don’t want to change drive letter—then do the same as above, then in Web UI delete storage, and add it back from the new location, with the same name. All the rest—schedules and settings—will be unaffected.

When “copying over the whole folder” - do I need to pay attention to any hidden files etc.?

I was thinking of using FreeFileSync tool - just so that if for any reason the copy operation gets interrupted, the operation can resumed, as the tool checks for file names and time stamps etc. I am not sure how FreeFileSync deals with hidden files.

There are no hidden files, and even if there were — it would not matter, you could just drag the folder in the explorer. I think windows is smart enough to resume interrupted copies.

If you prefer command line — you could use robocopy (ships with windows)

1 Like

I am not on Windows but on a Mac

Ah, perfect. Then just drag in finder. Or you can rsync in the command line. Or even cp -r

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.