How to delete new exclusions from remote backup?

Hi all,

i’m using duplicacy to back up my server to Backblaze B2. My backup size is around 11 TB. I’ve decided to add some new exclusions because i don’t need that data any more - the newly excluded folders would save around 1.5 TB storage.

How can i delete the newly excluded folders from the backup? I tried prune with -exclusive and -exhaustive, but it does not do anything…

I also can’t browse the remote bucket and locate the snapshots or chunks, because the file names are encrypted.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Backup snapsgots are immutable.

If you want to completely get rid of that data you would need to delete every snapshot that data was present in.

If you absolutely must preserve the history, and purge references to those files you could write a script to restore every revision from existing snapshot id and backup it to a new snapshot id with new filter file. Then remove original snapshot id.

This however will mess up dates the snapshots were taken, and will use some egress from the server, and can be expensive

These are not your files. They are encrypted fragments.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.