How to do a full restore with the GUI

Hi,

how can I mark all files, folders and subfolders for Restore in the GUI Version?
The goal is to run a full restore of my backup to another Location. I found no way to select all files without clicking folder by folder and open all subfolders and so on…

Hello,

Here is the guide for the GUI: Duplicacy User Guide.
In here you will find a way to restore if you scroll almost to the bottom:

All in all you should right click on the folder that you want to restore, and then chose restore. There isn’t a “mark all” kind of selector there.

I know the Guide - Thanks. Finally it means there is no option by using the GUI Version to Restore a Full Backup in an easy way? I have to open each Folder and in order to select the content inside? :frowning:

what if you right click on the folder “revision 1” (in the image above)? is that unclickable?

I can click, but when I select Restore it is restoring only the root - it means all the files and folders in the root, but the subfolders and files (below the folders) are not restored. But its not a problem - I tried to use the CLI for the full restore and its working fine :slight_smile:

Right clicking the folder “revision 1” should restore the entire directory. You should see the full command in the log like this one:

21:24:48.000    Command: duplicacy -background -log -d  restore -stats -r 1 -overwrite -threads 1 -- 

Which means it is restoring everything under the directory.

really strange - I tested again and its working fine. So I am confused - it seems I did something wrong yesterday. Sorry for wasting your time with stupid users :wink: Thanks a lot for all your support and have a good weekend

1 Like

For the OP of any support topic: you can mark the post that solved your issue by ticking the image box under the post. That of course may include your own post :slight_smile: