How to I verify if storage is -bit-identical?

I have a repository with two encrypted storages set up. I can’t recall if I configured the second storage (via add) with -bit-identical. Based off reading the documentation here, it sounds like bit-identical storage would have the same config keys.

I run duplicacy -d list -storage storage_a and duplicacy -d list -storage storage_b. With this, I see they list the same exact values for average/min/max chunk size as well as the same chunk seed and Hash/ID keys. I don’t see a file key listed. Is this enough to confirm that the two storages are bit-identical for this repository?

One thing you can do is to cross-reference the chunks themselves with a tool like Beyond Compare (has generous trial period) to diff the directories and binary compare one of the chunks.

Hash/ID keys are randomly generated so if they are the same (and not 6475706c6963616379 which is the hex for duplicacy) then the second storage must be created with -bit-identical. The file/encryption keys are not shown by -d.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.