How to rename a repository in the Web UI?

How do I rename a repository (aka Backup Directory) in the Web UI?

You can shut down the duplicacy and edit duplicacy.json file.

What are you trying to accomplish btw? Start backing up new directory or you want to rename the existing directory and continue the backup as if nothing changed?

The straightforward way would be to delete the backup and create a new one (with the same name, so the existing schedules will continue working)

I want to rename the existing directory and continue the backup as if nothing changed.

Deleting/recreating the backup worked.

Not the OP, but I just bought a larger HD and am consolidating two smaller HDs, so I’m in the situation where I used to backup Y:\Pictures but after consolidating those files now live at Z:\Pictures

In this scenario is it better to edit duplicacy.json (it looks like there’s two instances of Y:/Pictures that I’d change to Z:/Pictures (computers → repositories, and schedules → jobs)). And are there any other steps involved, or just editing those two instances?

Or is it better to delete the backup for Y:\Pictures and create a new backup for Z:\Pictures?

Will my ability to restore a file from say six months ago be affected by either method?

IMO this will be better because it does not involve messing with internal implementation details.

Duplicacy does not care about path of the repository root folder, only the content.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.