How to use the CLI on Windows?

Hi everyone, I am trying out Duplicacy and so far I love it. However there are some advanced options that I can’t seem to perform from the Web version (like checking a backup without a schedule or deleting a specific revision) and I couldn’t find a way to run the CLI when I have installed and configured the Web version (on Windows).

Is there a way to configure Duplicacy from the Web-UI but then use the CLI to execute certain operations?

Thanks in advance

Hi @fedesaravia,

While this is not answering your question, the specific tasks you mention (prune and check) I personally do in the Web-UI as a scheduled task that has no schedule. I use this for occasional manual runs of exhaustive prunes or pruning specific versions.

If that is something that you’d like to try you just have to create a new scheduled task and then unclick all days of the week it should run, effectively disabling it. You’ll know it won’t run automatically if it gets grayed out. You can still run it manually though.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the response. That’s helpful and will definitely try it out.

Does this mean that invoking the CLI manually when running the web version is not possible?

1 Like

That was what I was looking for. Thank you very much for the answer!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.