Incomplete file contains only few files

Hi. I’m trying to backup my data to the cloud storage and I encountered a weird situation. The first backup aborted because it failed to upload the chunk to the storage. About 240k chunks have been already uploaded. It says

2019-09-10 10:00:58.850 INFO INCOMPLETE_SAVE Incomplete snapshot saved to /home/.duplicacy/incomplete

incomplete file was written and it contains chunk hashes and chunk lengths for 240k chunks. However, it only contains one file. Therefore, when I resume backup, I only skip one file from incomplete backup and I have to skip 240k chunks again, which takes a few hours.

2019-09-10 13:18:17.686 INFO INCOMPLETE_LOAD Incomplete snapshot loaded from /home/.duplicacy/incomplete
2019-09-10 13:18:17.686 INFO BACKUP_LIST Listing all chunks
2019-09-10 13:19:09.832 INFO FILE_SKIP Skipped 1 files from previous incomplete backup

Is this normal behaviour? From what I understood, all files that have been completely uploaded are written to incomplete file and I should be able to skip those files (no need for skipping chunks). I have uploaded 240k chunks (about 580 GB), but only one file is completely uploaded among milions of files? That does not make sense to me… Is this a known bug?

1 Like

This can happen if the first or second file is around 580GB. Do you have files this big? I can’t think of any other reason why it would skip only one file.

If you still have the incomplete file can I take a look at it?

I don’t have such big files. I resumed backup and incomplete file was deleted when it finished. I should have backed up incomplete file. From what I remember, there was a list of files with only one file and I didn’t recognize the name of the file. The name looked like a short hash. The size was 160. Below that were chunk hashes and chunk lengths, which had about 240k entries each. If this happens again, I will report back to you with the contents of incomplete file.