Invalid or Expired License - but license is not expired

Hello, I am getting Invalid or Expired License from my backup tasks. Prune and Check work fine. The license is NOT invalid… any ideas?

Check the log file ~/.duplicacy-web/logs/duplicacy_web.log. There should be a log message pertaining to the license error.

I’m getting the same error. the only thing I can find in the log file is :
Failed to request a license: activate

What does that mean?

I’ve had the software installed for less than a day.

I re-entered my license code and it seemed to get past that error… but I still have other issues… seems like I am always having issues…

How do you re-enter the trial license?

oh- sorry… I am not sure… I have a paid license. Maybe someone else can answer that.

I get this error once in a while. Checking the logs, the error is:

Failed to contact the license server : Post "https://duplicacy.com/request_license…"

Not sure how licensing works, but does it check every time it runs? Is one failure enough to stop the backup? Or does it cache the license for x days?

Manually kicking off the backup seems to get past it.

The web GUI needs to contact the license server once every month. What is the error in the log?

Here’s an example of the message that’s in the log if I notice that the backup failed.

39570:2023/10/10 02:00:11 Failed to contact the license server : Post “https://duplicacy.com/request_license”: dial tcp: lookup duplicacy.com on 192.168.99.1:53: read udp 192.168.99.54:36308->192.168.99.1:53: i/o timeout, reference 024a74c2a5b30beb4ab788…

I did some analysis on my log files and I’ll get this error for a few days straight and then successful backups for a few weeks and then I’ll see this error again. I never get the error if I kick off the backup manually from the web gui (click play on the schedule screen)

This is a DNS issue. The web GUI attempted to resolve duplicacy.com and failed to connect to your local DNS server running at 192.168.99.1. This was an error returned by the low-level go DNS library.

It’s always DNS… lol

Thanks, I don’t see anything in my logs to indicate anything other than a failure to resolve and this is the only service that has had any issues like this. I’ve upped the logging level to try and narrow down where/when this is occurring and hopefully come up with something to mitigate it. If I see anything I’ll respond to this thread.

As far as duplicacy goes, and I might be missing something, does duplicacy check each time and only after a month of being unable to contact the license server does the backup fail? Is this failure to resolve only logged when the backup fails?