Is the locking the Web UI behind a password only allowed on the enterprise version?

I pay for a personal license of duplicacy UI and was wondering if there was any way for me to password protect my panel. If there isn’t that’s okay but I would really like it.

I ended up just putting a password on the site with caddy.

From the manual:

The Administration Password is the password that you can set so that a user wanting to access any page served by Duplicacy Web Edition will need to enter this password. You can control how often this password needs to be re-entered by setting the Administration Sessions Expiration time.

Oh this is embarrassing
I assumed that since it was greyed out it wasn’t accessible when I just had to hit the keyboard icon next to it…
Thank you!
(hopefully if any dummies in the future have this issue they will see this)

I don’t think it’s your fault: the ui can be improved.

I strongly believe that if users can’t do something in the GUI (designed to do that job!) it almost never is user’s fault and almost always is a UX design problem.

Please never blame yourself if you can’t figure out how to use any GUI. It literally stands for Graphical User Interface.

There are a number of places where duplicacy behaves in a non-intuitive way.

One other example a lot of users stumble on is inability to navigate into the folders during restore.

1 Like

I really do appreciate the user-centric attitude you guys have going on. It’s refreshing. This product is great and I’m definitely going to be using it to back up my server deploys in the future (on top of my computer).