I've just bought 3 licenses :)

I first started looking at Duplicacy maybe a year ago, but i had just moved over to Linux and i chose Borg for that platform, but it took me ages to set it up. I learned heaps in that process. I came back to Duplicacy for Windows after briefly looking into Restic. The forum here has been instrumental to my choosing Duplicacy. Pretty much every time i had a question, stupid or otherwise i got great answers from obviously great people. And it’s always nice getting a reply from the program author! It feels like i’ve been evaluating Duplicacy for months, but it’s only been a few hours here and there until a month ago when i got serious. It feels good to pay for it, after all the help i got.

The licensing fees are very reasonable, and feels more like a formal donation arrangement. I think a lot of that has to do with the availability of @gchen in these forums, and his (?) communication and willingness to hear ideas people bring up.

I look forward to the planned UI improvements in the roadmap.

Hopefully this will be my last post as this user. Unfortunately i can’t change my email address, and the one associated with this account is about to be purged. So i started a new account for the licenses and i’ll be posting under that one in future.

See you around! :slight_smile: :wave: :+1:

7 Likes