License purchase... where are my card details going?

Your payment form isn’t inspiring a lot of confidence in me… I’m expecting to see a payment processor but I don’t see that. Is there any other way to purchase a license?

Many thanks!

Our payment processor is Stripe. We don’t use Stripe’s payment page but instead our license server takes payment details (which are never saved btw) and then sends to Stripe for processing. If you don’t want to pay in this way, just message me with the type and length of the license and I’ll create a paypal invoice for you.

Stripe is a well-known processor, perhaps making their involvement more obvious would help to reassure people that their CC data isn’t being sent to some questionable provider in less-than-secure location?

2 Likes

I have been considering Duplicacy and have the same concerns as @gringo regarding the payment page.

@gchen Even though you guys do not store/save the card details, it would it a good thing if we do not have enter those details on your website. You guys seems trustworthy but why open up another risk.
It would be good if you could send the user to the Stripe Checkout page and directly enter the card details on Stripe.

Not sure if the PayPal invoice would work for me as I do not have a PayPal account (do not wish to create one either) and I am from a country where PayPal is not prevalent and not easy to use here.

I agree the Stripe Checkout page is safer. I believe the old version of Stripe Checkout wasn’t flexible enough to support a consistent payment flow but it looks like they have a new version so I’ll definitely check it out.

3 Likes

I would like to try the payment with the PayPal invoice. I am looking for a single Personal GUI license right now.

@gchen Could you please clarify the below questions regarding this?

1. Would I be able to make the payment if I do not have a PayPal account? (I do not wish to create one)
  • I have been able to checkout using PayPal using my card on other websites, but I have never made payments using PayPal invoices.
  1. Would the license show up under the main site if paid through PayPal? I mean here: Log in required

I hope the answer is yes to both.

Yes, according to how do-i-pay-for-a-payment-request-or-invoice

Yes, I’ll manually create the license code under your account.