localhost/<Number>duplicacy/preferences dir

Hi,
I would like to understand the folder structre in the .duplicacy-web folder.
So far I know that for each new backup job a new folder number below .duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost is created.
In my setup I create for each backup job a new s3 backup.
The prerefence file looks like this:

[
    {
        "name": "project1",
        "id": "project3",
        "repository": "/home/project1",
        "storage": "s3://eu-central-1@s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/backup-project1",
        "encrypted": true,
        "no_backup": false,
        "no_restore": true,
        "no_save_password": false,
        "nobackup_file": "",
        "keys": null
    },
    {
        "name": "project2",
        "storage": "s3://eu-central-1@s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/backup-project2",
    },
    {
        "name": "project3",
        "storage": "s3://eu-central-1@s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/backup-project3",
    }
]

I dont understand why I have entries for all 3 backups (name attribute) but with the same id and repository. The storage (S3 buckets) belong to the other projects…

I would like to understand this to be sure that this is no bug or something like that…

I hadn’t noticed before but my preferences files are similar - i.e. for each repository, there are entries that allow backup to each storage.

I guess it makes it easier to add new backup schedules, simply by specifying a different storage name. But if the Web UI doesn’t have a backup scheduled for that particular storage, those extra entries are simply unused. A backup can only use one of those entries at a time.

Incidentally, the .duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/ directory structures are or can be recreated from the data stored in .duplicacy-web/duplicacy.json.

You use the same back id (project3) when creating backups.

Yes, that is correct. The preferences file is recreated before running each job.

@gchen As I have one backup per storage I use the same id as the storage name. Is that a problem?
So all in all this is a feature so that the drop down in the back UI can offer me all possible storages for the new backup - right?

I was wondering the same thing. Additionally, the /all directory has different IDs, that I believe I have never specified. And the repository is empty. Where do the IDs in /all come from? In my case they are either “duplicacy web” or “duplicacyweb”.