Missing ".duplicacy" directory in GUI version in source directory

When using the CLI version, Duplicacy puts a hidden folder called “.duplicacy” in the source directory. Duplicacy puts three items in the destination directory–chuncks, snapshots, and config. All of this is as I would expect.

However, in the GUI version, I noticed that both the source directory and the destination directory contain the “chuncks” and “snapshots” directories, along with the “config” file. There is no hidden “.duplicacy” directory in the source directory. Because “chuncks,” “snapshots,” and “config” are visible in the source directory, it makes things rather messy and prone to accidental deletion.

Is there something that I am missing? I would really like for the GUI version to use the “.duplicacy” directory in the source folder.

How to replicate:

• I am using the saspus/duplicacy-web docker container. Docker Hub
  • I am hosting this on an UNRAID server, but anyone can follow along the same process as me by watching this video Duplicacy: Cloud Backups Done Right! Should You Dump Duplicati? - YouTube. The same process he uses in the video, along with other GUI tutorials, causes “chuncks,” “snapshots,” and “config” to be in both the source and destination directories.

Either way, I am assuming I’m just missing a setting somewhere, or doing something incorrect in the GUI version.

This should not be the case. Source contains your source files, target will contain chunks/snapshots/config, and the .duplicacy folder will be under volatile /cache/...

How are you starting the container? Are you following container readme?

Thank you so much for your prompt reply! I finally figured out the problem. Basically, it was my fault. I am using Unraid and created a specific btrfs pool for backups. I was writing directly to the pool, rather than creating a share that existed on the pool and writing to that. Again, thanks so much for your help! I was about to try another solution until you posted. :smile:

That should not have mattered. Perhaps something else was wrong, but the second time you have set it up right.