Move Backups to another Gdrive

As my Google Drive shared drive (only used for duplicacy backups) reached its quota of 400.000 files (amount not size), I created a new shared drive.

How can I move some backups to the new storage as the backups to the olds are failing with Error 403: The file limit for this shared drive has been exceeded., teamDriveFileLimitExceeded

To copy selective backup to another storage initialize that storage as copy-compatible with the first one and run “duplicacy copy” command for the specific snapshot from current storage to the target one.

Depending on the type of data in the snapshots you may not save anything in terms of storage or number of files.

Instead you can consider creating a repository with larger minimum chunk size. This will reduce number of chunks and improve performance. By default Duplicacy uses 4MB average chunk size.

Better yet — don’t use Google shared drive. It’s designed to share documents, not hold bulk data.

Better still — blackup to s3 type storage.

Thanks for the explanation.

As i have unlimited storage with my already running gdrive subscription and about 2.5Tb of Data in there i started using this.

And i actually don’t wat to pay additional money when it can work like this as well.

The Data that i am backing up are primarily images. So a larger chunk size wont change too much i guess.

So the next question is, when i copied the data over, how can i configure the planned backup to use the new storage instead?

Why don’t you backup to My Drive then, and avoid this whole issue altogether?

The easiest would be to delete the storage and add it back, with the same name (so that schedules continue working) pointing to the new location.

Because the 400.000 files quota is the same there.

And as i need to use 2 storages and have to move just some of the backup configs the same name approach will not work.

So did i get that right, when i copy the data and recreate the backup config with the same name it should find and use the already existing data?

Not it it isn’t. Only shared drives are limited.