Parallel backup to few destination it is possible in web version?

Any way to start backup to few destinations at the same time in one job ? For example to local external drive and Wasabi cloud. I understand that Wasabi much slower than local disk and the total backup time will increase.
Or is it better to do separate tasks for this?

I think you have 2 options:

option 1: backup to local, copy to wasabi afterwards (bonus: you have the exact same backups on both storages)
option 2: backup to local, backup to wasabi (drawback: since there is a time difference between the 1st and 2nd backup, you may not have the exact same version of files, if some are modified in betwen the backups)

(emphasis mine)

Since not even the CLI can do that, i don’t think web-ui would be able to.

Synchronization of one archive with others is potentially unsafe. If errors occur in the main archive, they are automatically transferred to the copies

I better make backups with separate jobs )

This is highly unlikely.

When copying from one storage to another, Duplicacy decrypts chunks from the source storage and re-encrypts to the destination. If any of those chunks were corrupted, that process should fail, and the user finds out it failed.

There may be some failure modes, but I don’t see copying being any worse than two different backup jobs. Even so, you should always test storages by doing restores.

3 Likes

Thank you.
Ok, i think copy option will take about the same time as a separate backup. Easier to add another task for backup