Pcloud Webdav failing

I back up to pcloud using the WebDAV method.

It has been working ok for many years but since september 2nd has stopped working. The daily scheduled job logs all look like below (with a different chunk each time)

Reading wise seems ok as the weekly check job is still finishing successfully.

2022-09-02 01:30:14.724 INFO SNAPSHOT_FILTER Parsing filter file \\?\C:\Users\core\.duplicacy-web\repositories\localhost\0\.duplicacy\filters
2022-09-02 01:30:14.724 INFO SNAPSHOT_FILTER Loaded 0 include/exclude pattern(s)
2022-09-02 01:31:53.325 WARN LIST_FAILURE Failed to list subdirectory: open \\?\Z:\UserData\Other\Documents\System Volume Information: Access is denied.
2022-09-02 01:36:44.559 ERROR UPLOAD_CHUNK Failed to upload the chunk b0fc8cd37b4b6ab4ec844de89f75e6e6e8c47ccbd51cfc5bf922f83e528353b2: Maximum backoff reached
Failed to upload the chunk b0fc8cd37b4b6ab4ec844de89f75e6e6e8c47ccbd51cfc5bf922f83e528353b2: Maximum backoff reached

Hi there…
I’m not sure anyone can help with the details given.
Have you tried contacting the support@pcloud.com team?
They reply within a few hours, sometimes even faster. They use the standard WebDAV module of the apache web- server.

The situation you might be experiencing could be due to many factors, but those guys would be able to help you in a matter of some hours.

Have an amazing week!

I think it would be polite, if you work in pcloud marketing, to include this disclaimer in your presentation/first post.

Is there a way to have duplicacy give more verbose output? Happy to approach to pcloud support but other that ‘I am getting timeouts’ there isn’t much I can give them to work on.

Anyway - noticed that the last run worked successfully so problem gone away for now so close for the moment

Global flag -d.

“I’ve got timeouts from this IP with this API key at this time UTC” is plenty.

Best case — they’ll tell you, “yeah, thanks, we had an outage”. Worst case — ”We have no clue what happened”. With the whole spectrum of excuses and blame shifting in between.

But who has time for that? (unless of course you work for them… but then I would be looking for another job). It’s not worth your time. It’s not your responsibility to fix them. These issues with pcloud are not new. Search this forum even.

Save your time and pay for an actual storage service. Storage that hosts your backup is not a place for compromises and penny-pinching. Today you have a choice between Amazon/GCS/Azure, and everyone else (including pcloud, idrive, and other mom-and-pop shops who struggle to stay afloat, cut corners everywhere and offer desperate deals like they do). Why on earth would you pick the latter? They can only compete on price, but in reality they can’t afford that. And you will be overpaying with your time. Time wasted fighting windmills that you will never get back. If you look at the whole – pcloud is a very expensive service to use. Even if they paid you for using their storage.

TO be clear, as a sync target they are OK. For backup, you want an established company with an established track record and SLA.