Permissions after restore

hello,
hope someone can give me some ideas. I testing duplicacy on my QNAP. I tried it in docker (prefered) and as an application on QNAP directly. The backup is running without any problems. But if i try to do a restore to another directory, I have no access to the files. The shares are connected on my laptop as a mounted drive. It gives me back permissions denied. I can see the files if I login on the QNAP but here it is not possible to copy/move the restored files. Tried to use the GID and UID from the dockeruser and also from the admin directly and both are not successfull. Also tried the -ignore-owner during the restore and it has also no effect.

Make sure you restore to read/write mount and that the user that runs restore has access to the folder or is a super user. You can also pass -ignore-owner flag

at the beginning it was not read/write mounted and duplicacy gave an error. after i changed it, the restore was successfull, but no access. I also tried to use the -ignore-owner without effect.
set the userid and gid to 0 also but still no permissions.
i used portainer for deployment, you think if i enabled the privileged mode additonally for super user??`??

I haven’t used portrainer, and I don’t know which duplicacy container (or custom) have you used: some containers can impersonate users, including root, based on the environment variables passed. I also don’t know if QNAp has SELinux or similar security solution installed where containers would live in a separate namespace altogether and root in container and root on the host are not the same things.

You may want to try running container as root, and duplicacy user inside also as root, and not ignore owner. If that does not work — something else is there at play. You may want to provide more details including command lines you used and someone with QNAP experience may chime in.

On othe other hand, Duplicacy does not benefit from containerization - it is self contained monolithic executable already; it may be simpler for you to run it on qnap directly using OS service manager and avoid all the hassles managing (and overhead running on a resource constrained device) containers.

I can point you on how to do that on Synology — it shall be easy to adapt to any other OS, including qnap: Duplicacy Web on Synology Diskstation without Docker | Trinkets, Odds, and Ends

Does QNAP have ACLs? That may be another reason: with ACL enabled Linux permissions are disabled.