Problems with Backup to Google Shared Drive

I just installed the most recent version on my QNAP which I am trying to backup to a Google Shared Drive. Yes, I know the file limitation but this is the best option we have right now.

With the previous version it did not list all of the shared drive so I could not select the drive needed. This is not fixed however I am having other issues.

1. I can select and create a storage on a shared drive gcd://Production Archive@Duplicacy. However, when I backup to it the data is written to My Drive in a folder called “Production Archive@Duplicacy”. I’ve read other posts about similar issues so I thought it was related to the space in the name of the Shared Drive.

2. I renamed the shared drive to eliminate the space but now I am not able to create a storage on it. I am able to add the token file, select the shared drive (which shows correctly in the list of options), and select a folder on the drive. When I click continue I get the following error.

“Failed to check the storage at gcd://ProductionArchive@Duplicacy: Failed to load the Google Drive storage at gcd://ProductionArchive@Duplicacy: ProductionArchive is not the id or name of a shared drive”.

Am I doing something wrong or is there another work around to get this to work?

Thanks,
Brian

For anyone else that comes across this, I have managed to figure out that if the name of the shared drive has a space in it, the backup will get created on “My Drive” and not the shared drive.

Also, if the name does not have a space but is after the 10th drive returned in the list of drives you will get the error that it failed to check the storage.

If the name does not have a space and is within the first 10 drives returned in the list the backup will get created on the shared drive as expected.

This seems to be a bug so hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in.

Just a wild guess – what happens if you try percent encoding for the path? i.e. gcd://Production%20Archive@Duplicacy

This bug was fixed by Use a different api to find the id of a GCD drive by name · gilbertchen/duplicacy@0d3ee41 · GitHub. I need to make a new CLI release for this.

Just a wild guess – what happens if you try percent encoding for the path? i.e. gcd://Production%20Archive@Duplicacy

It still creates the folder in My Drive with the %20 in the name.

1 Like

I am using the 1.8.0 build for QNAP. The CLI version is 3.2.3. Just making sure there isn’t an update I’m missing?

No, the change hasn’t been released. But you can build Duplicacy CLI from source, and replace the binary GUI is using, to get this right away. Build command is in e.g. here