Recovering files to the same directory

the app complains that i cant restore the files to the drive that they are backed up from…

I don’t know what to do…

how do I restore files to the root drive they were backed up on?

The GUI version can only allow you to restore to a directory different from the repository in order to avoid accidental overwrites.

If you only need to restore a few files or a subdirectory, you can choose a different directory to restore to and move restored files over. If you really need to restore to the root drive directly, choose a different directory as a new repository but still use the same storage, then in the restore tab click the ‘list revision’ button and select the original repository id from the repository id combobox, select the original repository directory as the restore destination.

Okay that worked …

Now how do you tell how fast the download is…Im testing a upload and recovery of about 60 GB to and from backblaze

I saw the upload speed when i was testing… you can even chose how many threads… do those threads work the same for the download

i dont see the speed for the download

Sorry the GUI version doesn’t show the restore speed. You can run the CLI version to get the restore speed:

cd \path\to\repository
duplicacy_executable restore -r 1 -stats

On Windows, the CLI executable can be found under either C:\Program Files (x86)\Duplicacy or C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Duplicacy, depending on if you installed Duplicacy for all users or for the current user only.

On macOS, the CLI executable is usually under /Applications/Duplicacy.app/Contents/Resources.