Replace Local Storage Issue

Scenario:

Two storages, one local and one cloud.

The cloud storage is copy compatible with the local storage so i can replicate from local to cloud using the copy command.

Issue:

I need to replace the local storage and I want to copy the backups from the current local storage to the new local storage. So my thought was to make the new local storage copy compatible with the old local storage and then run the copy command. However, if I was to do this the cloud storage would not be copy compatible with the new local storage and therefore I could not use the copy command. :frowning:

Has anyone got a resolution for this or am I understanding things incorrectly?

If B and C are both copy compatible with A then B is copy compatible with C.

1 Like

Ahhh, I was hoping this was the case.

That makes sense after reading the below from the duplicacy guide in the - add command section. :slight_smile:

" Two different storage are copy-compatible if they have the same chunk size , the same maximum chunk size , the same minimum chunk size , the same chunk seed (used in calculating the rolling hash in the variable-size chunks algorithm), and the same hash key ."

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.