Restore aborts "All files to be restored are up-to-date" and duplicacy_win_x64_2.7.2 gets deleted

I am currently trying to solve the following issue: Because of some file corruption I need to restore a bigger backup of a few TB (to another drive for comparison), but I can not get it to finish. It starts downloading chunks, but after a while “finishes” with the message

All files to be restored are up-to-date

The log-file does not indicate any errors, the last entry is:

2021-07-27 14:58:34.620 INFO DOWNLOAD_PROGRESS Downloaded chunk 1599 size 7265069, 5.07MB/s 14 days 00:54:22 0.1%

It also already restored some files, so the restore itself seems to work at least a little.

But is does not stop there. After receiving the error duplicacy_win_x64_2.7.2.exe is suddenly missing and needs to be redownloaded by restarting Duplicacy Web Edition (1.5).

Latest try from duplicacy_web.log:

2021/07/27 14:31:30 Created restore session n601gr
2021/07/27 14:31:30 Running C:\Users\User/.duplicacy-web/bin/duplicacy_win_x64_2.7.2.exe [-log restore -r 192 -storage GDrive_FS -overwrite -stats -threads 4 – Bin/*]
2021/07/27 14:31:30 Set current working directory to C:\Users\User/.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/restore
2021/07/27 14:58:36 Restored 0 files for backup full_h revision 192 in the storage GDrive_FS
2021/07/27 14:58:36 closing log file restore-20210727-143130.log
2021/07/27 14:58:57 Deleted restore session n601gr

So I took another look at the created folder structure and noticed something odd. The folder F'tagn is created by the restore, but not visible in the web interface and also the folder is empty. Would it be possible that this folder interferes with the restore?

You can try to run the CLI directly in a DOS prompt:

cd C:\Users\User/.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/restore
..\..\..\duplicacy_win_x64_2.7.2.exe restore -r 192 -storage GDrive_FS -overwrite -stats -threads 4 – Bin/*

Hey, I found the issue. Windows Defender seems to be the cause. It classifies duplicacy_win_x64_2.7.2.exe as Behavior:Win32/Locky.gen!G!rsm and removes the file. This also explains the mysterious vanishing of the file.
I did not get a notification before, but will whitelist it locally now. Seems like a major problem/inconvenience though.

VirusTotal didn’t report any detection: VirusTotal

Microsoft is included in the list but I’m not sure if that is the same detection engine as Windows Defender.

It only happened while restoring the backup, so maybe the chunk-decryption uses some function that is blocked by realtime-protection. I can double-check with another machine, if you want me to.