Restore in Docker

Hi. I am using saspus docker image. Does anyone know how to restore the files to a directory other than the original where the files that are to be backed up are located? Thanks.

You need to mount host folder you want to restore to into the container for the application running in said container to have access to it. The same way you have mounted original folder, config, cache, and logs folders, you can mount any other folder, in RW mode.

Specific instructions on picking the folder during restore are here: Duplicacy User Guide. (Make sure to click on folder icon to expand the directory structure, clicking on the whole line selects, but does not expand it.)

Wouldn’t it be better to create a “restore” folder in the docker image in the next revision to be able to point to it? :wink:

1 Like

You mean just add VOLUME /restore statement in the Dockerfile?

That would be fairly useless because:

1. I can’t do anything with this mount point – I cannot tell duplicacy_web where to restore to, or even have it pre-fill that path in the UI. User would need to navigate to the target path anyway.
  • Docker already allows to mount any folder on host to any folder in the container, so adding this declaration will only serve to confuse people (“Do I have to mount something here?”) as restore is optional; with backup programs you expect never to need to restore.
  • And lastly, the better approach would probably be for the user to re-mount the source folder as read-write and restore in-place anyway.

So many words just to say “I don’t think it would be better” :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.