restore when out of licnse

Hi, I’m considering Duplicacy to replace Crashplan now they have exited the home backup market.
However, I want to know if I will be able to restore my backed up files if my license has expired ? I don’t want to be in a situation where Duplicacy has gone bust, been taken over, or whatever, I can’t extend a license, and can’t get access to my backed up file.

Thanks.

Yes, you should be allowed to run any command other than the backup command using the CLI version without a license. The only command that requires a license is the backup command (if it is for commercial use). This will allow you to restore and/or manage your backups with the CLI version in case you don’t have a valid GUI license.

I’ll add a clause to the CLI license to explicitly allow this usage.

I forgot that is already included in the license:

Free for personal use or commercial trial

Non-trial commercial use requires per-user licenses available from duplicacy.com at a cost of $20 per year

Commercial licenses are not required to restore or manage backups; only the backup command requires a valid commercial license

Modification and redistribution are permitted, but commercial use of derivative works is subject to the same requirements of this license