Resuming interrupted backup takes hours (incomplete snapshots should be saved)

scripting
wikify
incomplete

You should manually delete the two files 1 and 2 under snapshots/snapshot_id in the storage.

OK, I have done that, but assuming that duplicacy checks for the existence of previous snapshots at the beginning rather than at the end, this will only become effective the next time I start the backup command, right?

Just to give you an idea how serious a problem this behaviour of duplicacy is: It currently takes around 24 hours for the backup to resume actual uploads, i.e. it is skipping chunks for a full day. I really don’t see what the point is of limiting incomplete backups to initial backups only.

Is this problem fixed in 2.1.1? Did I get it right the resuming is only possible for initial backups?

No, resuming is always possible. But with initial backups duplicacy knows which chunks it can skip and the actual upload resumes much faster than when subsequent backups are resumed (because duplicacy has to “rediscover” every time which chunks have already been uploaded.

For smaller backups, this doesn’t really matter, but with larger ones, like I had, it can take a full day or longer until the actual upload resumes (i.e. duplicacy spends 24 hours just skipping chunks).

Oh, wait. I now see you were probably referring to this:

And now I’m not sure anymore. My understanding was that while windows may produce additional reasons for the incomplete snapshot file missing, duplicacy by design only attempts to create it for the first snapshot. Is this correct @gchen? If so, could this behaviour be changed?