Revision 2 backup while waiting for copy

I have done many searches to find an answer to my biggest questions and have not found a definitive answers. I did read the post on multiple storages and in my reading have learned a lot.

My Setup:
2 in home Unraid servers (Main and backup)
Multiple cloud buckets in iDrive e2
When I say backup server (server 2) I mean it contains local backups not a mirror of the main server (server 1).
Duplicacy is running on server 1 via Docker container and backing up to server 2.
The copies go to the cloud buckets

I have 4 backups to server 2 and 4 copies to e2 cloud currently setup (more later). 2 backups and their copies to e2 are completed. The other 2 backups to server 2 are also done but the copies are still running. At the rate they are copying, it will be weeks before all of it is done. My questions are: Do I continue to do backups to the local storages? Will it negate the ongoing copying? I have seen that they should not run simultaneously but can I stop them, run another backup and continue copying upon completion? If yes, then does the copy pickup all revisions if say I backup daily to local storages?

Please comment on my suggested schedule also:

1. prune local and cloud 1, 2, etc. 10pm parallel
  2. backup to local 1, 2, etc. sequential (start 11pm run for at most 4 hours)
  3. check local and cloud 1, 2, etc. 3am parallel
  4. copy to e2 parallel starting at 4am and continue until 10pm the next day.

I really wish you could have a schedule set of jobs to run not by time but only after a previous schedule finishes.

Thank you!

Yes, you can do that. No need to stop the copy job.

You can do that too. The next copy job should be able to pick up all revisions.

1 Like