RSA encryption not working?

I am just trying out RSA encrytion as described in New feature: RSA encryption , but doesn’t seem to work for me.

Following the instructions and doing the verify afterwards (duplicacy info ), I only get “The storage is encrypted with a password”. I don’t see the public key as described and nothing is put in the preference file.

I can’t upload the complete session when creating the repo/storage as being a new user, but
duplicacy version is: 2.3.0 (504D07)

So it gets encrypted, but not with the public key?

duplicacy info storage_url doesn’t show if the storage is RSA encrypted, which should be fixed.

But you can run duplicacy backup -dry-run and you should see a log message saying RSA encryption is enabled.

Thanks for the quick answer! So the only way to see that it uses RSA encryption is to look into the log? There’s also no mention in the preference file so it’s a bit confusing. Can I move the public.pem key file into another place or do I have to leave it on the exact spot when initialized the storage?

You can delete the public.pem file after the initialization. The public key has been stored in the config file.