SASPUS Unraid docker template create duplicate config folders

This is for @saspus

I lost my Unraid cache array, and all my docker and VM’s on it, and my backup share was on cache, so lost backups as well (won’t make that mistake again).
Recreated cache array, reinstalled Duplicacy, this time using your Unraid template, reconfigured B2 storage, and started restore.

I notice in Unraid that there are two appdata folders, one called “duplicacy” and one called “Duplicacy”, this will cause problems.
I notice in your template that the appdata folder is named “Duplicacy”.

I assume this is some kind of Unraid or Docker problem with similar named but different case volume mounts not being the same.

root@Server-1:/mnt/user/appdata# ls -la
total 16
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  36 Jan  6 07:47 .
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  42 Jan  6 07:35 ..
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 116 Jan  6 07:54 Duplicacy
drwxrwxrwx 1 root   root   18 Jan  6 07:47 duplicacy

root@Server-1:/mnt/user/appdata/duplicacy# ls -la
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 1 root   root  18 Jan  6 07:47 .
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 36 Jan  6 07:47 ..
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 18 Jan  6 07:47 cache
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 88 Jan  6 07:59 logs

root@Server-1:/mnt/user/appdata/Duplicacy# ls -la
total 16
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  116 Jan  6 07:54 .
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   36 Jan  6 07:47 ..
drwx------ 1 nobody users   50 Jan  6 07:47 bin
-rw------- 1 nobody users 1117 Jan  6 07:54 duplicacy.json
-rw------- 1 nobody users  950 Jan  6 07:47 licenses.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root   root    33 Jan  6 07:47 machine-id
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users  144 Jan  6 07:47 settings.json
drwx------ 1 nobody users   34 Jan  6 07:47 stats

I am in the middle of a restore, so I don’t want to modify the docker config to use all lowercase and merge the directories yet.

Ok, seems to be user error, me not noticing it, and the template creator :wink:

In the Unraid container template the cache and logs folders are mapped to “appdata/duplicacy/…”, while the config folder is mapped to “appdata/Duplicacy”.

The template mappings need to be updated to use consistent lowercase naming.

Great :slight_smile:

I was about to say that these folders are mappable to outside of container by prolonging --volume argument to the docker run command and are entirely up to a user to pick.

Last I used your container I manually created the template from docker hub, today I noticed an Unraid pre-created template, and just used it.
Based on your reply, I then assume you are not the author of the Unraid template?

No. I’m not even sure what you mean by the “template”. I would assume it is some pre-defined values for the parameters declared in the Dockerfile that are used if the user creates a new container from the image and does not override those? I’m not familiar with unRaid, but e.g. Synology’s UI for docker does something similar – first time you start the container it will prompt you for the configuration, and it will pre-populate data declared in the docker file such as ports and environment variables. But it is up to you to change the defaults and set them to the correct values.

Last I used your container I manually configured it, this time there was an Unraid template pre-created.
I don’t know who created it, or where the code lives, but I asked here: Duplicate but different case appdata volume mappings - Docker Engine - Unraid

1 Like

Nice. It’s actually a nice idea to create such templates to simplify task of configuring services. Great job UnRaid community :slight_smile: