Sending notifications on failures

I’ve been having a separate issue related to backups not working due to some issues with the encryption password in my docker container. I might make another thread about that since it’s causing headaches. But this raised one important issue with Duplicacy. I didn’t come to realize my backups were failing at all until a month after they stopped working. I do have Duplicacy to send email notifications on successful schedule completions, and a webhook to send on both failures/completions of the actual backup step. But there are failures that can occur prior to the backup even starting, or failures that can occur in other steps of the schedule (copy, prune, check, etc.). Duplicacy doesn’t have an option to send notifications on these types of failures. The absence of a notification on a successful run isn’t exactly an ideal way to catch problems. This can lead to issues similar to mine where the admin doesn’t realize there are issues occurring for multiple cycles, missing out on key backups.

You can use a monitoring service like https://healthchecks.io to receive notifications when regular backups are not started for any reason.

I am sorry for bumping this conversation, but this happened again for me. I was using a system to monitor backups after successful completion, so the backup reporting as such was working. However, I have a schedule set up to do various other steps (mainly copy to B2), and apparently that was failing. I had no idea because the backup step was successful, and as such, I do have Duplicacy set up to send an email on successful completion, but I did not notice that the email had not been received for weeks.

I think there should at least be a similar functionality like on backup level for the scheduler, so that it can notify some type of service (e.g. Uptime Kuma or healthchecks) that it was successful.

Additionally, I have not been able to get a robust system working for these healthchecks with the fairly popular Uptime Kuma. There is this post: Pushing backup status to Uptime Kuma? - Support - Duplicacy Forum, but it only handles backups and also only checks if there was a failure or warning in the code, but it will not easily catch if the backup failed to run (as in my OP).

I would ideally just like to know if A) each step in my backup schedule was completed and B) there were no errors. This would then get fed into Uptime Kuma, and it can then alert me if this fails to happen on any given day. But I’m struggling to get it to work properly.