Slow packing speed in GUI unless you mouse-over the status bar

So I’ve encountered a really odd issue with the Duplicacy GUI. Basically, the packing speed seems to be really clunky and slow until I mouse-over the status bar at the bottom of the Window, at which point it goes much faster. I originally thought this was just because the status bar was showing less granular updates unless you moused-over, and that the actual performance didn’t change. However, it’s quite clear from my own testing that the packing performance is significantly faster when I keep my mouse over the status bar, as can be seen by the green progress bar moving much faster and the time remaining going down more rapidly.

Any ideas how I can avoid this in the future as currently it causes some initial backups to take a really long time, when it looks like they don’t have to?

When you move the mouse pointer over the status bar it is updated much more frequently. That is for sure. It is the CLI program that does the actual backup which is running in the background somewhat independently of the GUI. The GUI parses the output from the CLI and updates the status line accordingly, so in theory the update frequency of the status bar shouldn’t affect the speed.