SSH Handshake failed

I want to add as my destination an SFTP storage from bluehost. I get the following error when adding the storage:

Failed to load the SFTP storage at sftp://user@ipaddress/backup/: ssh: handshake failed: ssh: no common algorithm for key exchange; client offered: [curve25519-sha256@libssh.org ecdh-sha2-nistp256 ecdh-sha2-nistp384 ecdh-sha2-nistp521 diffie-hellman-group14-sha1], server offered: [diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256]

With sftp user@ipaddress and sftp user@ipaddress I can login successfully.

I cannot change the ssh config of my server. Any ideas?

My system is Ubuntu 20.04 and I am using duplicacy CLI 2.7.2. For the SSH connection I am using public key authentication and my SSH key is stored under ~/.ssh/id_rsa.

I think there is a problem with the configuration of sshd (/etc/ssh/sshd_config) on your server.

The config there limit the key exchange algorithm to some uncommon ones, so you need to remove the constraint placed in the config file or add a line there that explicitly enables one of these algorithms duplicacy is expecting.

I am connecting to a shared hoster, so I can’t edit the sshd_config… Anything else I can do?

Maybe this will help?

I compiled the current version from source. How do I activate this compatibility mode? When I force it with compatibilityMode = true; it works.

use sftpc:// instead of sftp://

Amazing now it works. Thank you. Looking forward to the next release :slight_smile:

It has been working for a while (since 2.6.0). What do you expect from the next release?

Oh I see, I thought it wasn’t yet part of the current release. My fault. All the better :slight_smile: Thanks for checking up on it :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.