Storage choices for Web-UI (personal edition) - no S3?

I think I saw info about this somewhere but I just can’t find it either in official docs or product licensing page or FAQ.

Using eval edition, I deployed the Web Edition and configured local storage (directory) as my backup target. Then I bought a license (personal edition), applied it and restarted Web UI.

If I click to add Storage, I don’t see S3 or other back-end choices (no choices at all). I restarted Web UI (app) but it’s still like this. On the product page I see a screenshot that has various back-end options at the top. Do I need Enterprise license for that? I want to add S3.

Can you check the html source to see if the following segment exists:

<div class="modal-body">
                <ul class="nav nav-tabs" id="modal_storage_info_tab">
                    <li class="nav-item active"> <a class="nav-link" id="modal_storage_info_disk_tab" data-toggle="tab" href="#modal_storage_info_disk">Disk</a> </li>
                    <li class="nav-item"> <a class="nav-link" id="modal_storage_info_sftp_tab" data-toggle="tab" href="#modal_storage_info_sftp">SFTP</a> </li>
                    <li class="nav-item"> <a class="nav-link" id="modal_storage_info_s3_tab" data-toggle="tab" href="#modal_storage_info_s3">S3</a> </li>
                    <li class="nav-item"> <a class="nav-link" id="modal_storage_info_b2_tab" data-toggle="tab" href="#modal_storage_info_b2">B2</a> </li>
                    <li class="nav-item"> <a class="nav-link" id="modal_storage_info_gcs_tab" data-toggle="tab" href="#modal_storage_info_gcs">GCS</a> </li>
                    <li class="nav-item"> <a class="nav-link" id="modal_storage_info_azure_tab" data-toggle="tab" href="#modal_storage_info_azure">Azure</a> </li>
                    <li class="nav-item"> <a class="nav-link" id="modal_storage_info_gdrive_tab" data-toggle="tab" href="#modal_storage_info_gdrive">Google Drive</a> </li>

One reason if you don’t see this segment is that you’re running a customized version in which all other backends are removed.

1 Like

Wow… Interesting…

For the benefit of others:

• I couldn’t get Web UI to work on the interface I wanted, so I browsed the forum and figured out I could set that in settings.json.
  • Somehow (I think by running initial config wizard in browser interface, “static” storage setting (local only) was set in duplicacy.json.

I would expect that other storages could be added through the Web UI later on, but it’s not a big deal to edit the config file.

Yes, you can edit the storage portion of the duplicacy.json file. However, you can’t add a storage this way, before the storage credentials are stored there as encrypted bytes that only the web GUI can encrypt and decrypt.

I still don’t get why other storage choices are missing for you if you’re not running a customized version. Did you find the html segment above?

In custom settings.json I added these (it seems storages may have been the only key-value pair that’s really necessary to solve this problem):

"configuration_file": "duplicacy.json",
    "configuration_directory": "duplicacy-web",
    "storages": "disk s3"

It seems before the above (missing s3, incomplete other items?) was the issue.
After that was fixed, I was able to add new storages in the GUI.
In .duplicacy-web/duplicacy.json now I have a section with s3 in storages:

{
    "storages": [
        {
            "name": "local"
            }
        },
        {
            "name": "s3"
            }
        }
    ]
}

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.