Successful Checks!

I started using Duplicacy in April of 2018 with the GUI version.

In the last couple weeks I updated to the Web-UI version.
I also ran some “checks” for the first time on my backups.

I have a NAS with two separate virtual drives that get backed up from my PC, which is also backed up (under the one PC license). And we have two Macbook Air machines with their own licenses. The PC has reached a backup revision above 6000 and the Macs above 8000. The NAS backups revisions are around 3000 each.
For all 4 backups I have a total of about 1.5TB, at the latest revision. (This includes a substantial flac music library of over 1000 ripped CDs and over 12,000 tracks.)

All the backups go to Backblaze B2 where I typically pay about US$9.00 per month.

Over the last couple days I have run check -files on the latest revision of each of the backups on all the machines. I am lucky to have an unlimited data gigabit fiber Internet connection and the largest check took less that 48 hours using 14 threads.
(Frankly, after two years of backups I was curious to see how this would come out… I’m an old engineer with over 30 years of experience with backups, and I’ve seen them occasionally not work over the years.)

I was thrilled to see them all the snapshots at the latest rev for each machine be successfully verified!

Thanks Gilbert and team, great work!
Carl

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience! I’m happy to see these numbers…

4 Likes