Synology DSM 7.2 upgrade altered "clock" used by Duplicacy scheduling

Just upgraded DSM on a Synology DS920+ from 7.1 to 7.2-64570 Update 1.

I’m running Duplicacy Web v1.5.0 and CLI v3.1.0.

After completing the upgrade, I noticed the daily Duplicacy backup job was starting four hours too early (8p EDT vs 12a EDT). The countdown clock on the Duplicacy Web Schedule page reflects this anomaly as well.

I’ve verified the time settings in both the DSM GUI and at the Linux command line. Both are correct and the system time is being synchronized via NTP. Also, the log output from the Duplicacy jobs show the correct system time in its timestamps.

I’m at a loss as to what happened or how to correct the issue. I could force the job to start at the correct time by pushing the Duplicacy job start time four hours later, but that’s a bandaid.

Any suggestions or how to troubleshoot this?

how is it installed? Natively, Synology package, or container?

In the latter case, some containers allow to specify time zone, check if yours does.

In the former case it shall work correctly.

In the middle case — no idea. Synology packages are a hot mess…

Installed via an SPK

Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 5.06.22 PM

1 Like

Let’s wait for @gchen. Maybe there are some settings in the app manifest that specify how time shall be handled and Synology sneakily changed defaults…

(Synology needs to hire more QA people but they seem to be continuing going in the opposite direction. More marketing and gimmicks and less substance /rant).

1 Like

Update: I did what I probably should have done right at the get-go and updated the Web UI version to 1.6.3 using the SPK’s released last year.

That appears to have resolved the issue.

I’m closing this one out!

Oh I missed that it’s an ancient one!

The current one is 1.7.2. 1.6.3 is also quite old.

I missed that! I’ll update to the newer version now.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.