Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, etc?

I’m interested in using Duplicacy in an academic environment, but our policies require that we have terms of use, privacy policies, and any other software agreements on file. I can’t seem to find any for Duplicacy. Am I missing something, or you just haven’t got them?

Thanks!

I haven’t got them. I will work on them and let you know when they are available.

Thank you very much!

@gchen Does privacy policy exist now?

Specifically I would like to know what kind of information Duplicacy GUI sending home.
We know that internet connection is required for licencing check (and there is nothing wrong with that), but what information are send from our computers?

We know computername/hostname is being sent, but what else? Some telemetry?

And what informations will be sent in Duplicacy Web Edition (with licensing?)
Thank you!

The EULA is here: https://duplicacy.com/duplicacy_eula.html

Duplicacy GUI only sends the hostname and the license id to our server for licensing purposes. The license id is the SHA256 hash of some combination of hardware ids, MAC addresses, and registry values, therefore we won’t be able to recover the original hardware information from the hash.

This is the same for the Web Edition; the only difference is that the license id is slight different: it will be the SHA256 hash of a hardware id and the host name.

3 Likes