The storage has not been initialized on local backup

I am getting this error on my backups. I checked the storage and the “Run a check job to retrieve stats” is greyed out. I tried to recreate the storage and it is still greyed out. What am I doing wrong?

Hey,

It sounds like you’re encountering an issue where your local backup storage hasn’t been properly initialized. Here are some steps to troubleshoot and resolve this issue:

1. Verify Storage Initialization:
    Ensure the storage has been initialized correctly:

duplicacy init -e <repository_id> <storage_url>

Replace <repository_id> with your repository name and <storage_url> with your storage path.

2. Check Storage Configuration:
    Make sure the storage configuration files are correctly set up in the storage directory.

3. Permissions:
    Verify that Duplicacy has the necessary permissions to access and modify the storage location.

4. Run a Check Job:
    Although the option is greyed out in the Web-UI, try running a check job via the CLI:

duplicacy check -a

5. Logs:
    Check the logs for any specific error messages that might provide more details on why the storage is not initialized.

6. Remove and Re-Add Storage:
    Try removing the storage and then re-adding it. This can often resolve initialization issues:

duplicacy add -e <repository_id> <storage_name> <storage_url>

You can also read more about it here.

Hope this helps! You might be wondering, do I work here? No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Are you using LLM to write this?

I am looking most of it up that I don’t know, then testing some of it in my test environment. Then I type it up and ask LLML to fix my grammar.

Then I search the forums to see where else the topic was discussed to find good references to link.

I spent about a month testing out Duplicacy, asking a lot of questions along the way. Once I got my setup fully up and running, I started going through the forums to see what I could answer, mainly because it helps me learn more.

I went down the support forums to find post with no replies on the ones I think I could answer with my goal of learning along the way.

The phrase below, I have always been a fan of those commercials, I thought it would be a funny forum signature.

You might be wondering, do I work here? No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.