Totally wipe and start over

Hi,

Sorry for a stupid question but how do i totally wipe and start fresh in GUI?

I have messed around and it seem that even though i delete everything i can find in GUI it still remains stuff in chunks on my GDrive.

Now i try to add an new backup with the same name (ID) and i do a backup that goes way to fast and when i try to restore i get error missing chunk.

As i couldn’t find any more delete options in GUI i manually deleted everything i could find in the folders on my GDrive but no luck.

I will try and use another name and see what happens. I have seen the prune option but since i have deleted everything i cant prune anything.

Have a nice day
/Peter

Empty the Trash folder in GDrive. Deleted chunks there may cause some confusion when Duplicacy uploads the same set of chunks again.

Also remove the local directory ~/.duplicacy-web/repositories. This is basically the cache directory for Duplicacy CLI and everything there can be recreated.

1 Like

Thank you for a quick anwer @gchen

Where do i find this?

I use the GUI version.

~ means the home directory. For Windows it is usually C:\Users\username.

hi @gchen ,

I run Duplicacy in a Unraid Docker but i managed to terminal into it and man were there a lot of old stuff left.

I will remove the docker and install it again so i get a clean one.

But i thought that if i deleted everything i could in the web gui then everything should go away even all stuff in GDrive?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.