Transfer configuration to another PC

Hi there. I’m retiring my current PC running Windows 7 and replacing it with another PC running Windows 10. The current PC is running Duplicacy Web with multiple storages, backups and schedules. I was wondering if there was a way to export all the storages, backups and schedules from the current PC to use on the new PC. If anyone has any suggestions they would be most appreciated.

Also, just to be clear, I’m not looking for help transferring the license to use Duplicacy Web - I’ve seen the process set out in the FAQ. Rather, just seeing if I can avoid having to manually recreate all the storages, backups and schedules on the new computer.

1 Like

I imagine so long as your backup paths etc. are identical, it should be fine to transfer the .duplicacy-web configuration folder. If you’ve installed Duplicacy Web Edition as a service, this will be in C:\ProgramData, otherwise it’ll be in C:\Users\<username>.

1 Like

Hey thanks I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

Worked just fine. The only thing I’d perhaps mention in passing is that any authorization tokens would need to be copied over as well. Thanks again Droolio.

1 Like

Is there a way to ensure that the .duplicacy-web config is backed up in at least one storage? It contains important files, such as filters, which can take a long time to set up.

The filters file is the only thing worth saving (if you chose to use it in the first place; depending on the OS there are better ways to manage exclusions, such as extended attributes and .nobackup files, that simplify maintenance by keeping metadata together with data): one of the approaches is to keep it elsewhere and include a reference to it in the default filters file @path/to/file.