Two version ( web and gui ) on one computer with same license working?

I use a GUI version about one year and have a lot of backups. And if I correctly understood the old version backups is not compatible with the new web version.
I can use one license on both programs ? In case if I need to restore something from the old backups.

I think that this has to work.

I do want to point out though, that at some point in the future GUI version will be deprecated and only web-version will get updates.

Yes, I understand that and for this reason I want to switch to the new version. But the old backups still remain.

1 Like

Yes, you can use one license code on both GUI versions, as long as they are on the same computer.

But, backups created by both programs are compatible. Both runs the CLI as the backup engine under the hood so there won’t be any backward compatibility issues.

Actually, I noticed one problem with mixing the CLI and GUI versions:

I have set up filters successfully, and whereas the backup via the CLI recognizes the filters as expected, the GUI, when adding the same dir (it’s the root dir of my Linux box) as a BACKUP source, it says “None” under “Exclude/Include”. Why is that?

The working directory for a backup job in the web GUI is ~/.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/n where n is the index of the backup job. The filters file is located under ~/.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/n/.duplicacy

2 Likes

Thanks. I guess I can then just create a symlink under ~/.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/ to my original filters file and the web gui will follow it (instead of replacing it once I update the filters with the gui)?

1 Like

Yes, that should work.

1 Like

Isn’t that something the web-ui could/should do automatically, then?