Unable to see files in Restore for backup in GUI, Restore works fine by CLI

Hi Folks! Happy 2023!

I have a backup job that I have recently configured and was just making sure I can restore from GUI a single file, but I find that the directory is not loading any files, no errors as well that I can see in any logs or f12 in chrome.

I have been able to restore without issue to a new directory on the client I am doing the backup from and works perfectly, all files are there.

As well on the GUI, when I run a check job / prune job, it also looks to work perfectly and reports back the correct size of the backup on the storage tab.

I have searched for a solution but I don’t see similar issues… I am clicking on the folder icon, and I do have other backups I run from my other server with CLI backup and I can see the contents in GUI for a restore for that host…

Thank you!

Is it just one particular directory that doesn’t show any files under it, or there aren’t any files under revision ###? Can you try click the folder icon next to revision ###?

It’s the entire backup, for instance in this attached GIF, I back up both of these using CLI and the one with 4 revisions is not showing any files as you can see. Both are backing up a directory such as /home/name
they are on different clients but both run Linux. raw

I can successfully restore from CLI any of the revisions of the 4 that aren’t listing files in the GUI.

Hi @gchen would you have any ideas how to troubleshoot? If I want to restore a single file from the GUI it is a lot easier to use the GUI for reasons… thank you

This can happen if those 4 backups were created with CLI 3.0.0+ but the web GUI still runs CLI 2.7.2. Open the log file ~/.duplicacy-web/logs/duplicacy_web.log and you should see some error messages there.

Ah, Thank you!

2023/02/03 16:22:07 INFO STORAGE_SET Storage set to sftp://proxy@192.168.3.99///MyProxy
2023/02/03 16:22:09 INFO SNAPSHOT_INFO Snapshot mywork revision 9 created at 2023-02-02 20:30
2023/02/03 16:22:09 ERROR SNAPSHOT_PARSE Failed to load files specified in the snapshot mywork at revision 9: not a list of entries
2023/02/03 16:22:09 ERROR SNAPSHOT_PARSE Failed to load files specified in the snapshot mywork at revision 9: not a list of entries
2023/02/03 16:22:09 Failed to list files for backup mywork revision 9 in the storage MyProxy: Failed to load files specified in the snapshot mywork at revision 9: not a list of entries
2023/02/03 16:22:12 192.168.2.30:43266 POST /list_restore_directory

Yes Sir! Upgrading to the Latest version of CLI in the GUI has fixed this issue :slight_smile:

image|638x500

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.