Unable to select file or folder to restore

I’m evaluating this software in the wake of the Crashplan-gate.
Unfortunately I’ve hit two snags right out the … gate.

Problem 1: Failure to select files or directories to restore.

1. I created a “Repository” with a “Local disk” storage.
  2. Clicked Backup > Start and waited for it to complete
  3. Clicked “Restore” and Selected a restore directory via the browse icon right of the “Restore to” title at the bottom of the pane.
  4. Clicked “List revisions” and then picked the one and only revision from the initial backup, then clicked “List files”.
  5. Clicked the checkbox for one of the files to restore, but the checkbox didn’t get ticked. Tried other files, but the checkbox was never ticked when clicked.
  6. Tried selecting the file, right clicking it and choosing “Restore” from the context menu.

Result: The entire backup was restored, not the individual file.

Question: Is this a bug or how is it envisioned one goes about restoring one or more files?

====================================

Problem 2: Multiple backup configurations.

With Crashplan I backup my most critical data to the cloud (about 100 gig) using one configuration which runs every 10 minutes. I then have another configuration which backs up a much larger set to another machine on the LAN (about 2TB), but does so only once per day.

With Duplicacy GUI, I failed to figure out how to create more than one backup configuration.

Question: Would you mind explaining how different backup configurations are supposed to work?

Thanks.

PS. I’m running Windows 7 Pro, 64bit.

Clicked the checkbox for one of the files to restore, but the checkbox didn’t get ticked. Tried other files, but the checkbox was never ticked when clicked.

I don’t know why you have checkboxes in the file tree list. Can you share a screenshot?

Tried selecting the file, right clicking it and choosing “Restore” from the context menu.

This should be the right way to restore. It should restore only the selected file. If the selected item is a directory, it will restore everything under the selected directory. Check the log if you think it doesn’t work as intended. For instance, in my test I selected a file named output to restore and this was the log:

10:55:33.000    Command: duplicacy -background -log  restore -r 2 -overwrite -- "output" 

As for multiple backup configurations, the current GUI version can only back up one repository. A workaround is to set up multiple repositories using the CLI version and then run Task Scheduler to configure the backup times.

I’m working on a new GUI version that will support multiple repositories.