Unable to view/access shares in Unraid

Environment:
Unraid: 6.8.3
Duplicacy: Duplicacy Web Edition 1.3.0 (FE1BCB) | Duplicacy CLI 2.6.1

I’ve been using Duplicacy on my Synology in a docker container for several years now and have moved to a newly built Unraid server. I’ve done the initial setup and tried exposing the main file path to backup (/mnt/user) so I can selectively choose folders within this share (same as the Synology), but the shares do not appear.

(As I’m new to the forum I’m limited to one image or two links per post, however this issue needs multiple so I’m hosting them externally)

Images: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuoQhvFXMj7XiJJLcP1cWsvRoP3VsA?e=NzHgOn

In my Synologys case, I have /volume1 mapped within Docker and that exposes all shares under /volume1, so I’d expect the same to work with Unraid.

As an example, from the docker container in the Synology from Portainer (also in images link above).

There’s nothing in the log files to suggest permission issues. Only thing that repeats itself is what is below, which from what I’ve read is unrelated:

Failed to get the value from the keyring: keyring/dbus: Error connecting to dbus session, not registering SecretService provider: dbus: DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS not set

Unless I’m missing something bleedingly obvious (which is always possible), is it something I’ve done wrong with the setup or a known issue with certain file path variables in Unraid?

you need to add a “DWE_PASSWORD” variable to your container with the webui password.

Just to add some context: When you log into the webui, it caches this password but if you’re auto upgrading your containers, any time the container reboots this password cache is lost and the backups wont work until you log into the webui again. So by passing in the password as a variable, it’s always cached and you wont need to enter the password ever when connecting to the webui (which is both good and bad, so don’t expose the webui outside your network)

2 Likes

Wasn’t aware of the DWE_PASSWORD requirement, thanks for that. That’s fixed the error in the log, but not the lack of visible shares within the container.

Any other ideas?

what do you have set for the container’s path?

I have:
/mnt/user mapped to /unraid
/mnt/user/backup/duplicacy mapped to /backuproot

haven’t had any issues with this

That’s in the images folder at the top of this post, but:

/mnt/user mapped to /data (also tested mapping to /volume1 (same as Synology), and /unraid
/mnt/user/docker/duplicacy mapped to /backuproot

Inside the application, /backuproot is empty (viewing the folder from bash or Windows proves it’s not empty), and /data or /volume1 or /unraid are not visible when searching within Duplicacy.

If I specify the paths manually, Duplicacy accepts them but nothing happens in the host folders.

Welp, just figured out the issue… turns out I can’t read.

I specified the two new directories as variables… not paths.

Fixed that, and funnily enough the paths are now working!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.