Updated network, IP changed on windows computer hosting Duplicacy, can't launch

I looked through quite a bit of resources so apologies if this is posted somewhere… I recently updated my duplicacy web host machine and the IP ended up changing, I have a ton of customization to the paths and backups going on and really want to be able to fix this without re-setting it all up.

I am running Duplicacy-Web on Windows 11, I looked in “C:\Users{USER}\AppData\Local\DuplicacyWebEdition”, added a settings,json with the
“{
“listening_address”: “0.0.0.0:8080”
}”
entry, looked in Program Files, Program Data, still can’t find this dang configuration file so I can update the IP. When I launch Duplicacy I simply get the message “Can’t start the web server at '192.168.101.13:3875: listen tcp… bind: the requested address is not valid in its context.”

Which makes sense, as the IP for the computer hosting it is now a 192.168.2.X address…

So I guess what I’m asking is: where can I change a config to point to the new IP on a windows 11 machine hosting duplicacy web?

The configuration directory is C:\Users\USER\.duplicacy-web. Probably there is already a settings.json file under that directory and you can just edit the file.

1 Like

Oh my gosh I feel like an idiot… Thank you so much. I checked every other folder but not the one with the preceding period.

THANK YOU!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.