Upload disk image backups to Google Drive

I would like to use Duplicacy to automatically upload full disk image backups created by backup software like Macrium Reflect ot Veeam to Google Drive (G Suite Business). This consists of initial full storage backup + sequenced differential/incremental backups. The idea is that disk image backups are created on a weekly basis since there is a limitation of available free space on hard drives anyway.

Since these files are usually huge, I was wondering if there are any limitations here? Can duplicacy be used as a reliable solution? How should I configure it, are there any recommended commands to be used along? In case that upload of a large backup is interrupted e.g. due to Windows reboot, will the upload process continue at the point where it aborted? Could the backup file get corrupted on the cloud storage?

1 Like

The default setting should work. In case a reboot in the middle of backing up a large file, Duplicacy will rescan the file up to the point where it aborted, but it will not re-upload chunks that have already been uploaded, so the resume is quick but not instant.

2 Likes