Uploaded file but failed to store EOF

sftp
fixed
backup

For anyone: Feel free to use the :heart: button on the posts that you found useful.

For the OP of any support topic: you can mark the post that solved your issue by ticking the :ballot_box_with_check: box under the post. :slight_smile:

HI @gchen

Any chance there is some code on this we can try? I know you are busy. Thanks for your work.

This feature has been implemented by this PR: Retry on EOF errors in the SFTP backend by gilbertchen · Pull Request #489 · gilbertchen/duplicacy · GitHub

Thank you. I’ll have to try to figure out how to get it. Thanks again!

if you want i can compile it for you in a few hours, once i reach home

Oh that would be wonderful. Even better… if you had the patience… if you could help ME understand how to compile it that would be great… then I could change the retry count myself and maybe a couple other things I sort of would like to have.

I have a mac though–

Buliding from source from a different branch is no easy task, so i think you shouldn’t do it if you don’t know git. Just take my word on it please.

1. help: How to Write Go Code - The Go Programming Language and Build Duplicacy from source

2. download and install go and git and make them available in PATH

3. set $GOPATH to whichever directory you want to use as workspace (if you don’t do this, go uses the default location: ~/)

4. in cmd go get github.com/gilbertchen/duplicacy/duplicacy
    3.5 wait until the command finishes (it has to download A LOT) of sources needed for building duplicacy (libraries which duplicacy depends on)

5. after the download is finished, cd to the folder $GOPATH/src/github.com/gilbertchen/duplicacy (see the similarity with the above github path? -> this is how go manages libraries and dependencies). There are all the sources for duplicacy.
    4.5 if you want to build a different branch from master, now it’s the time! you have to pull the remote branch which has the changes you need into local master – I recommend using a good GUI: Sourcetree but you can do it from cmd as well. (you monster)
    (note that i’m not giving any tips on how to git. it’s a complex program which can’t be explained in a short tutorial. and if you try it you will need help. this is between you and google – this is why i suggested sourcetree)

6. now that you have the sources, you have to actually compile duplicacy: go install github.com/gilbertchen/duplicacy/duplicacy

7. compiling should take no more than 10 seconds. You will find the executable file in the folder $GOPATH/bin/duplicacy.exe

Congratz!

Anyhow, here’s my build of Retry on EOF errors in the SFTP backend by gilbertchen · Pull Request #489 · gilbertchen/duplicacy · GitHub : https://drive.google.com/file/d/17j28FfLCtCAQHqhR-j_fFOu3LqVTBgoV/view?usp=sharing

I’ve updated the related guide with a details: Build Duplicacy from source

THANK YOU! Wow!

So quick question… yeah… I do not know git.

If I go through these steps… will I be able to simply edit a go source file, change the retry count, and recompile a local copy for now?

I do know how to write code… just not sure if these steps are going to download the source local such that I can modify it or not.

Thanks again!!!

I guess you’re not a programmer per se, you just learned whatever gets the job done?

I’m thinking this because if you were working as a programmer than the steps mentioned above would be familiar no matter the language :stuck_out_tongue:.

Exactly!

In the guide Build Duplicacy from source – see steps 3, 4 and 4.6 which state exactly that.

I am a hardware designer (analog IC). I write a lot of C but it is simple… no revision control and no git or anything like that- :slight_smile:
Thanks again!

no probls.

If something isn’t working properly, you could either comment here, or on the pull request there, so that gchen fixes it.

:face_with_monocle: ?

pretty funny! :slight_smile:

Hi @TheBestPessimist

I went to download your build at the google drive link but it seems to not allow me in… does that make sense? Should I “request access” or something? Thanks sir!!!

Fixed!

(here it is again: duplicacy with sftp rety -- for kevinvinv.exe - Google Drive )

Just one more question @TheBestPessimist, is this a windows build or a mac build? I see the .exe and my mac doesn’t want to run it… I assume it is a windows build?

Thanks sir!!!

Yep, i’m dumb and that was for windows. :blush:
What about this one, which should be for mac: duplicacy for kevinvinv take 2.exe - Google Drive