Using a PC as a storage

Hey guys! i already have duplicacy backing up to different servers. I just built a new PC, is it possible to setup a drive on my PC as a storage? Basically on the machine duplicacy is running, i have a directory i want to backup to my PC. In duplicacy, i try to make a storage out of \mypc\d\backups with sftp but my computer doesn’t accept the connection. Any ideas on how to make a PC a storage as opposed to a server setup as storage?

Yes, you can use, for example, the new SMB backend, since this server is running on windows PCs by default. Direct Samba support in CLI

For this you would need to install SSH server on that pc. But if this is in the LAN — it would be overkill. Use SMB backend.

I don’t understand what does this mean.

hey, thanks for the quick response. the server is actually running on Unraid. the files i want to backup are stored on Unraid as well. With the PC as storage statement, i just meant i am trying to backup a directory on Unraid to a hard drive on my new computer.

Got it. Yes, assuming the pc is windows pc, you would want to use SMB backend. It might require creating local windows user for Duplicacy to authenticate against, but I’m not up to date on windows state of affairs.

Perhaps modern windows does provide OpenSSH server as an optional component? Still, SMB in lan would be preferred.

thanks again, will have to have a look. when selecting a storage, everything was server based, except the SFTP, didn’t see the SMB option. I am using the GUI though, not the CLI.