Waking computer for scheduled tasks when installed as a service

Hi,

I have Duplicacy WebUI version installed as a service on Windows 10. From the forum, it sounds like Duplicacy should automatically wake my computer from sleep when a scheduled task is set to run. However, it does not wake from sleep for me.

When I manually woke my computer, it looks like it immediately tried to run the scheduled task, but failed because my network interface had not fully woken yet.

I looked for the registry settings, to check if NoWakeUp was accidentally set for some reason, and to set the WakeUpDelay to a larger number, but found that neither HKLM/Software/Duplicacy nor HKCU/Software/Duplicacy even existed. I added HKLM/Software/Duplicacy, and set NoWakeUp as a string set to 0, and WakeUpDelay set to 60, but it did not fix the problem.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

NoWakeUp was for the old native GUI. The web GUI doesn’t wake up automatically when a schedule is about to run. You’ll need to use other ways, like Windows Task Scheduler, to make sure that the computer is awake at the scheduled time.

Another way around this that doesn’t require doing anything outside of Duplicacy is to run a trivial backup to the local disk before anything that needs the network.