Web Edition dashboard: Should "New Revisions" be "Revisions in Storage"

On the web dashboard there is a graph titled “New Revisions.” From the name, I expected that it would display the number of revisions per day. And, and for 30 days it appeared to do so.

Yesterday, I pruned about 80% of the revisions and the graph changed dramatically, which I did not expect (but probably should have given that Duplicacy does not really store history). It is now clear that the graph shows the number of revisions currently stored rather than a history of new revisions created.

Suggest changing the graph title from “New Revisions” to “Revisions in Storage” for clarity.

BTW, I considered creating a patch and pull request, but can’t find the source for the web ui. Is it available?

Thanks,
Scott G. Ainsworth

1 Like

I believe the web-ui is closed source.

1 Like

New Revisions means the number of backups created on each day. Therefore it is different from the number of revisions on the storage and not affected by the prune operation.

Yes, I know that New Revisions means the number of backups created each day. The problem is that after prune, my Dashboard no longer shows the number of backups created; instead, it shows the number actually still in storage. Thus, my assertion that the graph represents the current number of revisions not the number of revisions created as implied “New”.

On the other hand, the “Revisions” tabs under storage Storage clearly represents the number of revisions in storage on any given day. For me, these number tracked my backup and prune activity exactly. Take the light blue arced line in the image below. This small backup is run hourly. Until I ran purge, the blue line was straight across, 24 revisions per day. After the prune, Oct 21-Nov 4 shows no revisions at all.

So, I think there might a bug in the either the calculations or tracking of new revisions as shown on the Dashboard.

1 Like