Web Edition, Prune and Different Retention Time

Hi,

I have a question about pruning. My setup is as follows. I am using the duplicacy web editon and have one storage with 5 backups (different repositories) configured.

For one of the backups I want a different retention time. So I assume -all will not work. What is the prefered way to setup this scenario? Should each backup have his own prune job in a schedule or is there a way to combine the job with same retention time?

Thank you.
Martin

Haven’t done this myself since I don’t use the Web UI to do prunes and, when it runs (with CLI on my NAS) they all use the same retention period, but it should be pretty straightforward…

When adding a new prune, it creates a new job with the following options:

-keep 0:1800 -keep 7:30 -keep 1:7 -a

After adding the job, you can click on this string in the options column to edit it. Remove -a (all) and add -id <backup_id>. Unfortunately, I don’t think you can specify multiple -ids in the same command, so you’d have to add a prune job for each repository, remembering to remove the -a for each one.

You should probably use the -collect-only option as well, in all but the very last prune job. This would make sure the fossil deletion phase only gets run once - at the end of the schedule.

2 Likes

Hi Droolio,

thank you for your answer the -collect-only parameter was the missing link. Because I read the prefered way for prune is the -all switch I was unsure how to setup.